Rental Equipment Protection
Rental Equipment Protection (REP) coverage is an extension of Ziegler Rental’s coverage. It shields you from being held responsible for most causes of damage to equipment you are renting. In the event of a loss, the REP will cover the replacement or repair of the damaged equipment.
REP is All Risk, which means the damage or loss is covered unless specifically stated as excluded. Some examples of damage or loss covered by REP includes:
- Accidental damage
- Falling objects
While REP is required for customers who do not have existing rental coverage, it is a value-added option for customers who do. Here’s why:
- Because REP is separate from your own equipment coverage, claims will not affect your property and casualty premiums.
- The straightforward All Risk coverage makes for hassle-free claims.
- If equipment is damaged while rented, you are not liable to pay diminished value.
- REP stays in effect as long as the equipment is rented.
PER MACHINE DEDUCTIBLE
The REP deductible is applied per machine rented. In the event of loss or damage* to your rental equipment eligible under the All Risk coverage, you pay the deductible towards repair or replacement costs and the coverage pays the rest, up to $500,000 per incident.
- $1,000 deductible for machines valued up to $25,000
- $2,500 deductible for machines valued over $25,000
* If equipment is damaged while on rent, contact your Ziegler Rental Coordinator immediately. Failure to report serious damage could invalidate the REP agreement.
Rental Equipment Protection is offered by J.T. Bates Insurance Group.