Rental Equipment Protection Exclusions
Rental Equipment Protection (REP) coverage offered by Ziegler Rental is an All Risk Policy, which means the damage or loss is covered unless specifically stated as excluded. The following types of damage and loss are excluded from the REP All Risk Policy. All replacement or repair costs due to these exclusions are the responsibility of the customer.
- Civil authority: seizure, confiscation, destruction, or quarantine of property
- Contamination or deterioration: corrosion, decay, fungus, mildew, mold, rust, etc.
- Criminal, fraudulent, dishonest, or illegal acts: use and damage while committing a crime
- Loss of use: delay or loss of market
- Manufacturers’ specifications: use of machines outside of manufacturers’ specifications (i.e., overloading, improper fluids, etc.)
- Mechanical breakdown: mechanical structure, electrical breakdown or malfunction
- Missing property: unexplained or mysterious disappearance (i.e., shortage of property discovered on taking inventory)
- Nuclear hazard: nuclear reaction, radiation, or radioactive contamination
- Pollutants: release, discharge, seepage, migration, dispersal, or escape of pollutants
- Temperature or humidity: dryness, dampness, humidity, or changes in or extremes of temperatures
- Transit: machines are not covered during transit
- Voluntary parting with title
- War and military action: war, warlike action by a military force, insurrection, revolution
- Wear and tear